* Rice Syrup can be substituted for honey and pastured butter for the coconut oil
7 ounces shiitake
1 clove garlic, crushed & finely chopped
1 small nub ginger, peeled & finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Use already toasted almonds or dry roast (preferred), in the oven on 350 degrees, or in a skillet on medium-low, 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: Nuts burn easily once the natural oils in it are heated so be mindful!
2. Over medium heat in medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1/4 cup honey/rice syrup to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; simmer and stir 2 minutes. Set aside
3. Saute ginger and garlic in 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil for a minute and add shiitake, cook for about 2 minutes or until soft, cover if necessary.
4. Add sweetened almonds to shiitake and stir well over low heat.
5. Transfer almonds and shiitakes to a non-stick baking sheet (or lined with parchment paper or lightly coated in oil. Spread in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and allow to cool slightly and serve warm, or refrigerate for a cold salad or snack.
6. Serve atop dressed greens of your choice or mix with dressed noodles or rice.
printable version here